06 August 2013

HOW TO: TURN YOUR CASUAL DAY LOOKS TO NIGHT LOOKS

07/13/2013
Hello! :) Finally another outfit post! Lately I feel like changing my blog's name to "the closet girl" cause I've been shooting my photos inside my room and since its so tiny, I only have one space available! infront of my closet! LOL! I know, its sad. But I decided against the title cause it might give out the wrong idea about me. LOL!

Anyway, for this post, I wanted to show you guys how I turn my day looks to night looks by just tweaking a few things from my outfit. Now don't get me wrong, when I say day looks to night looks I mean outfits you wear during the day that you can still wear for a casual night out with friends, like dinner and a few drinks.

Now, on to my day look. I wore this outfit to work since we had a dress down day once a week. For my day look, I decided to keep things casual by wearing flats and just light make up. I like to keep my make up light and to a minimum whenever its day because I find that I look better au naturale for my day looks rather than piling on make up during the day. 

If I do wear a bit more make up than usual, I usually stick to neutral shades or tones so that I can still keep a natural look, plus its easier to pile on make up for when you need to. :)


Now, on to my second look, for turning my day look to a night look, I traded my flat sandals for a pair of strappy heels to make it a little bit more put together and then instead of keeping the belt around my hips, I used it to close around my waist so that my layered top can look like its my only top. 


For my make up, I added eyeliner and a darker lip color to complete my look!
aaaand there you have it! 
A little something I do whenever I have to go meet up with my friends whenever I don't have time to change. Plus I also do this whenever I am too lazy to even think of a whole new outfit (which is always!, btw) and carry it along with me to change in later!

What do you guys think? :)

WHAT I WORE:
ZARA Floral layer on top
FOREVER 21 Inner spaghetti strapped top & Necklace & Bangles
ZARA Boyfriend Jeans
H&M Flats & Sunnies (DAY)
FREEWAY BELT
SEPHORA Lipgloss (DAY)
K-PALETTE Eyeliner (NIGHT)
M.A.C. Lipstick in DIVA (NIGHT)
MICHAEL ANTONIO Heels (NIGHT)



xx

TUMBLR |◊| BLOGLOVIN |◊| TWITTER |◊|GOOGLE+
Sarah

11 comments :

  1. I think you nailed it! It's such a smooth and easy to do transition! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cover up from Zara :>
    check out my latest look:http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3359
    xoxo,Khloe

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pair of good heels always turns a look much edgier + it's easy to carry them, I have usually heels in my small handbag :D Nice look! :)

    xoxo

    www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely day and night looks, that zara top is gorgeous! amazing style and blog as well, would love it if we could keep in touch and perhaps follow each other on GFC? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I do try to reply to all of them because that's how much I love getting comments from people who read and appreciate this little world of mine. :) <3